Thursday, October 21, 2010

Why I Shouldn't Google...

If you are anything like me, you Google EVERYTHING... I mean that is what it is there for, right?  Well, someone should have a site that tells you, "Maybe you shouldn't google that right now."  Or, "Try that again later," kind of like the magic 8-ball thing from middle school...  I was curious about the costs of IVF (in-vetro fertilization) since that could be the only possibility for us getting pregnant in the future... Well, thanks to google and MULTIPLE sites my eyes are the size of oranges... $10,000 to $12,000 PER CYCLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't know if all of you realize or not but I am a teacher... That is like 1/4 of my YEARLY salary... So, something that I thought might cheer me up has just pissed me off... I know, I know there are "payment plans" and blah, blah, blah... But, when you owe over $4000 already to pay off my May ectopic surgery, and then the Infusion lab chemo shot costs along with an ER visit in there, and all the blood work, geesh.  Can I EVER get a break???  I need to win the lottery... I married a teacher/ coach so the whole "sugar daddy" thing is out of the picture.  (AND just REALLY creepy.)

When I was going through my 1st ectopic the nurses told me to try and stay off Google... I nodded my head and immediately went home and jumped on the computer.  When I had my methetrexate shot, I actually tried to stay off the computer but the infusion lab nurse told me to google it... I think I need a "Parental Control" lock that doesn't grant me access to ANY search engine. 

So, for those of you going through this with me, or anything similar... Try to stay off Google, it can REALLY freak you out...  And the TTC/ Pregnancy blogging sites are worse... Everyone has a sisters, cousins, uncles wife that had this and that... It will leave you cross-eyed and confused!!!

For now, that is all!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. yeah, turning to the internet is usually easier than getting a hold of a doctor when you need or just want more info and don't want to be a pest but i think it is usually worse! if and when the time comes that God blesses you guys with kiddos you'll see that the internet is not always the best thing. call friends first! even through this! glad to hear about the church group and hope they can offer some support :0) love you!

    ReplyDelete