Friday, December 10, 2010

Something that has been on my heart...

I want to start an infertility outreach or support network in North Texas or even the Mid-Cities area for women that struggle with infertility, no matter what their case may be... Someplace they can go to "escape" when things get overwhelming, a place full of caring people and resources (lots) to stray people from the internet misinformation, someplace where other people know EXACTLY what they are going through and can truly be the ones to comfort and support, and uplift.  Whether it be PCOS w/ no Ovulation, Secondary Infertility, Failed IVF, Ectopic, Blocked/ Scarred Tubes, or even those just having to work a little harder than most to conceive.  I feel like some people are embarrassed at this concept, and most of the time people have no idea that infertility is as common as it is (1 in 8 couples), especially those couples who can look at each other and conceive.  That thought always makes me giggle a little... This idea has been placed on my heart, and I am going to continue to pray about it, knowing that I will eventually get the sign of how to proceed.  I have always wanted to author a book, and I have had a few ideas and may contact some of the wonderful women who I have crossed paths with since we began the infertility journey.  So, all I ask for now is prayers to have God show me what he wants me to do from here...

Praying for all my wonderful women who are in this battle for mommyhood with me... :)

2 comments:

  1. hey girl!! My support group here in Orlando is AMAZING!! it's through Resolve and I know there are ways to get a new one started. The info is on their website at resolve.org . Good luck! This journey is so heartbreaking and tough and we need all the support we can get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to help you form a support group here in our area. Its something that just isn't talked about and so many women deal with it silently. Just let me know what I can do!

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete