Friday, December 24, 2010

Is it too late to wish for a Christmas miracle??

So, as I sat in church earlier today I wondered to myself, "You don't hear about Christmas miracles much anymore."  We celebrate the one true CHRISTmas Miracle every December 25th, as in Jesus' birth... But, it feels like growing up I was always hearing about someone miraculously making it home for the Holiday's or somehow someone was able to buy Christmas presents after all, and not to mention all the beautiful Christmas babies born... (Speaking of: can my niece Josalyn come on now... We want a Christmas baby!)

So, my thought this Christmas is more of a plead to the BIG MAN upstairs, and no that's not a fat joke about Brian... I am talking about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit... Can I be the recipient of a Christmas miracle??  And, the miracle I am hoping for is the one in the form of a positive pregnancy test FOLLOWED UP by a POSITIVE (as in happy) Doctor visit saying everything is NORMAL and HEALTHY... At this point I don't know if that positive pregnancy test would cause as much joy as it does with so many other women... See I have had a positive pregnancy test before... THREE TIMES!!!  So, my view of getting pregnant is a bit jaded with the immediate negative thoughts... "Is this one another tubal?"  "Will I end up having a miscarriage again, etc"

I HATE THAT... I want the utter jubilation that comes with the two pink lines.

My Christmas miracle wouldn't quite be a miracle at Christmas... Except for the fact that the miracle in itself would be conception at or around the months following Christmas and then a HEALTHY implantation around New Years or the months following...

As you pray over family and friends over the next few months, give the BIG MAN a shout out for me... In the form of OPEN MY DARN TUBES enough to let a little bean get through...

Merry CHRISTmas to you dear friends and family... I love you all!!!  Remember: pray for the Christmas miracle... Even if maybe it doesn't come until a few months down the road, it will still be my miracle...

And lastly... Remember me and the women like me this time of year... We don't like hearing all your complaints about being pregnant... Believe me, we would take and combine ALL our preggo friends complaints just to have the joy of the experience of  being pregnant.  This time of year is especially hard on me... I can't wait for Brian to get to play "Daddy Santa" and for us to have the joy of a little one waking us up early on Christmas morning...

Good night... and Merry Christmas!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. that has ABSOLUTELY been my prayer for you and brian!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,

    My heart breaks because I know all too well how you feel. I wish I could just take a little of this pregnancy dust and sprinkle it all over you and Brian! You are in my prayers every night! I know that God will bless you guys with a bundle of joy of your own. You are going to be such a great mommy! A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you both!

    ReplyDelete