Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's Been a While My Friends...

Well so until someone asked me about my blog the other day, I had totally forgotten I had one... Wow, for someone only 28, I sure feel senile at times!

A LOT has happened since my last post...  So, here we go:

I have officially switched from my previous OB to a new one, who has about 1200 letters after his name, so that means he has to be a good doctor right??  He specializes in fertility issues, and has been a total God-sent.

Visit #1 with Dr. Awesome:  Within 30 minutes, I had my HSG procedure and found out that my left tube is completely blocked, but my right was open and looked good on the sonogram.  I was ovulating from the left side that month, so BE CAREFUL was what he told us.  I learned more about not ONLY my tubes and what to do but MORE information about what I had been through the last 12 months.   With the scary fact that my September 2010 pregnancy could "possibly" have been a viable pregnancy but with my ectopic history and ONE sign pointing to that diagnosis my OLD OB went ahead with the Methetrexate shot.  I don't even want to ponder that one longer than it takes me to type it...

Now, do you see why I switched to Dr. Awesome???

Visit #2 with Dr. Awesome: my official "switching" over, and a "where to go from here."  Met with Awesome and he went over AGAIN my HSG test results, took a lengthy medical history and then told me flat out there are a few options.  1- Try on our own for a few more months, since we had been successful at getting preggo in the past. 2- Go on a round of Clomid to make me produce multiple eggs each month, ensuring that I ovulate at least one on the RIGHT side. (Good side) and 3- an exploratory surgery to really get a good look at what is going on inside my body.  He didn't like #3, and neither did I since I am STILL paying off my May surgery!  But, FIRST he wanted a "swimmer test" run on Brian.  A purse FULL of pre-natal vitamins and a follow up appointment on Dec. 6th was scheduled.

Well 3rd time is the charm for the "man test" apparently.  After a very scary test run, with the possibility of never having kids as a result... I will leave out any more for the sake of embarrassment of my hubby!

Dec. 6 Follow Up: Dr. Awesome has decided after the "man test" and my history etc that we are young, and he recommends trying on our own for a few more months.  After my "cost" comment in a previous appointment he says he wants to save us the money on the Clomid right now.  That sounds good to me... Man its been an expensive year!  He says we have to do the fancy Ovulation test kids and I have to keep track of that junk, and as soon as I "feel pregnant" to call and they will begin to chart my blood tests etc. He considers me "high risk" and so I get the SPECIAL TREATMENT!!!  So, all you pregnant or soon to be pregnant ladies out there, while you are waiting until weeks 6-12 for your 1st appointment... If I think I MIGHT have MAYBE even a little bit be pregnant then I get to go in for the blood test.  Not that I am bragging at all, this actually sucks... But, the last thing Dr. Awesome said was, "Go make us a Christmas baby." So, we are going to do as he says... And make that Christmas baby happen!!!  FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!

Lots of prayers have been answered, I feel better... I know the hubby feels better... We have some answers, we have some orders LOTS OF PRAYERS, and hope it's Gods timing! :)

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. when i look at how God has worked in your life this past year, year and a half, i KNOW that He has special parenting plans for you and brian!!...i'm super excited to see how that all unfolds!!!...LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sure brian is glad to hear the "man test" turned out well :) did they say what happened the first two times? i will continue to pray that God will heal you and bless your womb when the time is right if it is in His will! love you sis!

    ReplyDelete